SOLVENT-LESS GUN REPAIR GUIDE
A. Disassembly and Cleaning
- De-pressurize gun by taking a 5 second shot with the ball valves in the closed position..
- Disconnect air pressure to gun and turn timer off.
- Remove the front manifold. (4 Allen screws)
- Remove the stainless steel seat plate. (2 Allen screws)
- Remove the valve tip and retaining washer (2) with slotted Allen wrench
- Remove the air cylinder bolts (2) and wiggle the air cylinder apart.
- Once apart we recommend soaking in DPM 100. (Do not soak the handle or air cylinder)
- Remove the lip seals. Clean the grease fittings and vents. (Replace as necessary.)
- Use air to blow dry all components.
- Lay out the parts on a clean dry rag. (Discard the old lip seals, “0” rings and valve tips.)
B. Rebuilding SL Gun
- After cleaning, inspect the seat plate and air cylinder shafts. The Check for build-up or scored Surfaces. Check air cylinder movement by pushing or pulling on shafts. Scored air cylinder shafts Will cause premature lip seal failure. (Replace as necessary.)
- Open SLG RK- I repair kit and locate the special SLG grease.
- Lubricate lip seals’ and air cylinder shafts with SLG grease.
- Install 4 new lip seals: two into the tie plate and two into the gun body. The lip seals are two piece: a “0” ring and U-cup. They should always be installed with the “0” ring facing the front of the gun. (Toward the manifold)
- Grease large “0” rings and install in the tie plate and gun body.
- Push the air cylinder shafts thru the tie plate and gun body. Install the two Allen screws.
- Push the front seal and washer onto adjustment screw. Use SLG grease to prevent binding. Thread the seal assemblies onto the air cylinder shafts. (Tighten slightly)
- Assemble the seat plate onto gun body using the two-shoulder hex bolts. (Grease bolts)
- Before the manifold is assembled we recommend connecting the air and operating the gun to check front seals. This should be done with the A & B lines turned off.
- Using the slotted Allen wrench, check the tightness of the adjustment screws. They should feel even. (Adjust clockwise to tighten.)
- Inspect and clean the manifold and check valves. Check airflow through both check valves. (Rebuild or replace if necessary.)
- Grease large “0” rings and the manifold Allen screws. Install “0” rings and mounts the manifold using the four hex screws
- Turn on A & B foam lines and follow the start-up procedure.
- IMPORTANT! Grease gun daily with special SLG grease only.
NOTE: SAFETY GLASSES AND GLOVES SHOULD BE USED DURING THE REPAIR OF SLG EQUIPMENT